This is a microsite that allows users to watch videos and slides of events organised by the RCR to support continuing professional development.
How the Site Works
The site has the following features:
- A list of lecture videos, searchable by Latest, A-Z, Meetings, or Archived.
- Lectures are archived after one year.
- The videos are tagged as Clinical Oncology (CO) or Clinical Radiology (CR) lectures.
- Each lecture page has two panels - one showing a video of the speaker, the other showing their presentation slides.
- You can make the speaker panel larger or smaller via the Maximise/Minimise button.
- The lecture page also has a carousel showing all of the slides, along with extra information about the lecture.
- There is a tracking bar which shows you how much of the video you have watched, and whether you have missed any of the video.
- After viewing the lecture, you can complete a reflective learning form, and then receive a certificate.
- The forms and certificates are stored in your own My CPD area for printing off or downloading. You need to log in to access the My CPD area.
- Remember you need to view all of the video before you can access the reflective learning template.
- As with all video websites, you will need a good broadband connection to view the videos - and you need to stay logged in for the system to track your progress.
Non-RCR members are welcome to use the online CPD library by paying a fee of £5 per lecture. This gives full access to the site, allowing users to obtain 2 CPD credits per lecture and all user history is stored in the My CPD area.
To use this pay per view service, please select the lecture that you wish to view and follow the instructions.
Consent and Copyright
The speakers shown in the videos have given their permission for their presentations to be used on the website.
They have confirmed that none of the material has copyright, and can be used on this website or where permission is required to use copyright material, it has been obtained.
If any user believes there is a problem with consent, copyright or privacy, then please Contact Us Here.